SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT broken in OSS drivers?

From: Pavel Roskin (proski@gnu.org)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 19:48:41 EST

Hello!

I'm using 2.4.0-test12-pre7. I have noticed that the game "Abuse" produces
only noise with the legacy YMF PCI driver but works with the native driver
(ymfpci.o).

I found that Abuse uses SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT ioctl. When I disable this
ioctl in audio.c (which is used only by OSS drivers, such as ymf_sb), i.e.
make it return -EINVAL, Abuse works and produces correct sounds. I
understand that it uses an alternative way to output the sound.

This looks like a bug in the OSS driver (sound.o). Could anybody please
test Abuse on SoundBlaster or some other OSS driver?

Regards,
Pavel Roskin