No shared memory??

From: David D.W. Downey (pgpkeys@hislinuxbox.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 06:11:14 EST

OK, got a tiny little bug here.

When running top, procinfo, or free I get 0 for Shared memory. Obviously
this is incorrect. What has changed from the 2.2.x and the 2.4.x that
would cause these apps to misreport this information.

This IS information gained through the /proc filesystem which is kernel
based is it not? This would seem to make it a kernel issue since the
change in format is brought about by how the kernel reports this
information if i understand this correctly.

(If I am wrong, please let me know. I hate laboring under false
assumptions)

How do I fix this problem in any event?

David PGPKeys Downey