Re: HPT366 + SMP = slight corruption in 2.3.99 - 2.4.0-11

From: Hakan Lennestal (hakanl@cdt.luth.se)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 07:15:07 EST

In message <3A32F7F5.28557718@ihug.co.nz>, Gerard Sharp writes:
> Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > This has the missing ide-pci code from 2.2.
> > It stablized my BP6 on the HPT core.
>
> The patch had a large amount of ^M's (about 1 per line), but applied
> cleanly after being passed through "sed" :)
>
> Unfortunately, it has NOT fixed the problem :(

Hi !

For what it's worth, I did try out this patch for my problem also
without any noticable difference.

The problem being that the kernel hangs after a dma timeout in the
partition detection phase during bootup for speeds higher than udma 44.
This is an IBM-DTLA-307030 connected to a hpt366 pci card on a BH6
motherboard.

/Håkan