Re: 2.4.0-test11 EXT2 corruption (closed)

From: Johan Bergström (johbe@telia.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 07:08:00 EST

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Frank van Maarseveen wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 01:37:36AM +0100, Guest section DW wrote:
> >
> > I see lots of messages from you about corruption in 2.4.0-test11
> > but we all know very well that 2.4.0-test11 corrupts things
> > and further evidence is not necessary.
> > Hopefully all, or at least the most significant, problems
> > have been solved now, so you should upgrade to the most
> > recent test kernel and see how things are there.
> >
> Thanks. test12-pre7 fixes this for me: it ran all night testing and
> no problems so far.

I'm running test12-pre7 and had a bad lockup a couple of days ago. Or
actually it wasnt a lockup it was a "klonk" in the harddrive when I
started netscape then the machine rebooted. And I had a corruption in the
$HOME/.netscape/cache directory. No logged messages or anything anywhere.
The machine just rebooted and I had to manually fsck /home.

Johan