Re: pdev_enable_device no longer used ?

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 17:21:13 EST

   Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:30:59 +0100 (CET)
   From: Gérard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>

   On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, David S. Miller wrote:

> Really, in 2.4.x sparc64 requires PCI config space hackery no longer.

   Really?

   I was thinking about the pcivtophys() alias bus_dvma_to_mem() hackery used
   to retrieve the actual BAR address from the so-called pcidev bar cookies.

Really :-) This conversation was about drivers making modifications
to PCI config space areas which are being argued to be only modified
by arch-specific PCI support layers. That is the context in which
I made my statements.

Interpreting physical BAR values is another issue altogether. Kernel
wide interfaces for this may be easily added to include/asm/pci.h
infrastructure, please just choose some sane name for it and I will
compose a patch ok? :-)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com