Re: [BUG] raid5 crash with 2.4.0-test12 [Was: Linux-2.4.0-test12]

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 18:47:09 EST

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Neil Brown wrote:

> Could you add this test to the top of md_make_request as well, because
> requests to raid5 don't go through generic_make_request.

Sure they do. Everything that calls ll_rw_block() or submit_bh() will go
through generic_make_request.

Neil, you're probably thinking about __make_request(), which only triggers
for "normal" devices.

The fact that the buffer doesn't go through generic_make_request() implies
that it is some buffer that is completely internal to the raid5
processing. I don't see anything like that, though.

Jasper, sorry about even asking this, but where did you add the check for
b_end_io? Maybe you put it in __make_request() by mistake?

                Linus