Re: National Semiconductor DP83815 ethernet driver?

From: Tjeerd Mulder (tjeerd.mulder@fujitsu-siemens.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 05:34:43 EST

Please, don't even consider using the NSC dp83815 driver.

I too received this NSC (TeamF1) driver, hacked on it, fed the modifications
to NSC and this TeamF1.
Some time October I received the latest and greatest version from NSC
and found no trace of my changes, but some "Shaun Savage" hacked on it
and ported the buggy 2.2 version to 2.4.

He found the tbusy flag gone so implemented this:

if (chip_out_of_descriptors) {
        drop_packet();
        stats->tx_dropped++;
}

netif_stop_queue(), what's that ???

I must admit that I did not look any further at this driver ...

Please try the driver in 2.4.