Re: 2.4.0-test12 randomly hangs up

From: Martin Macok (martin.macok@underground.cz)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 06:13:49 EST

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 12:01:46PM +0100, Petr Sebor wrote:
> From: "Martin Macok" <martin.macok@underground.cz>
> > after 1-3 hours with -test12 system hangs up with
> > - no response from mouse
> > - no response from keyboard (no sysrq, only sysrq+'b' works ...)
> > - no response from network (ICMP, TCP)
> > - nothing on console, nothing in logs (ie. nothing interesting or relevant
> > to crash).
> >
> > System was not under load (1 user, X, no swapping ...)
>
> Same here... this thing started to happen right after upgrading to test12
> (from test11). I am still being able to work on console for hours but when
> I start using X the system dies silently. No oops, keyboard inactive
> (can't do sysrq), and the LED on the monitor is orange, not green. This
> happens under almost no load at all even after a fresh start. I have plenty
> of free memory, swap file not used at all.
>
> Just a 'me too'

I can (re)confirm that. I work several hours on console without any
problem ... then I start X session and after several minutes system
hangs.

Red Hat 7.0, XFree-3.3.6 (SVGA server), S3Virge/G2 (4MB)

(no problems with -test11 and 2.2.x before ...)

Have a nice day

(P.S. Thanks for Cc:'ing me ...)

--
   Martin Mačok