IDE bugs for intel 440LX chipset in Test12?

From: safemode (safemode@voicenet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 18:28:19 EST

All I can say right now is that enabling DMA on a 440LX chipset with
2.4.0-test12 or any other kernel I can remember has caused DMA timeout
and ide-reset problems. Disabling dma on the harddrives doesn't help
that much either, I still get ide resets. What I'm looking for right
now is some information on how to log what the kernel recieves from the
harddrive and possibly what it sends so I can give rik some better
information on what's going on in this chipset. Thanks.