Re: 2.4.0-test12 randomly hangs up

From: Martin Macok (martin.macok@underground.cz)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 10:00:48 EST

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 05:27:03PM -0500, David Riley wrote:
> > DMESG: http://kocour.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~macok/kernel/dmesg (Abit
> > PX5, P166 (ovrclckd to 166), 128MB RAM, 2x IDE HDD, 3com509b ISA,
> > Opti931)
>
> Overclocking is a guaranteed way to get random hangups. Put it back
> to its recommended clock and it might work fine. Keep in mind that
> while this may not have shown up before, overclocking gradually
> degrades a processor's stability (trust me, I ran several 486 and
> pentiums and even a k6-2 down to where they wouldn't even work at
> the normal clock). Try sticking it back to normal.

I know it, but it's P150 overclocked to 166 and it can run even on 200
with 2.4.0-test11 and 2.2.x for several weeks without hanging up. But it
hangs up with -test12 several minutes after I start X server and
several people have already confirm that ...

(I'm going to try latest -test13-pre ... I cannot see Changelog or
test13.log anywhere ...)

Have a nice day

(Thank you for Cc:'ing me, I'm not subscribed)

--
   Martin Mačok
  underground.cz