Re: [paperboy@g2news.com: Client Server NEWS FLASH: Linus Savages Red Hat 7.0]

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 01:32:07 EST

jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org said:
> FYI Guys, This just went over the wire from CSN. Might need some
> damage control.

... and I wonder about the press that MSVC 6.0 got before the first
few service packs got released. (Weren't there a few difficulties
with MFC42.dll? Correct me if I'm wrong.)

As a producer of free software myself (Icarus Verilog) I've come to
the conclusion that the mass media is perfectly capable of turning away
the idiots that you don't really want as customers anyhow:-)

steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,