Re: Test12 ll_rw_block error.

From: Chris Mason (mason@suse.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 07:20:18 EST

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Russell Cattelan wrote:

> I'm curious about this.
> Does the mean reiserFS is doing all of it's own buffer management?
>
> This would seem a little redundant with what is already in the kernel?

For metadata only reiserfs does its own write management. The buffers
come from getblk. We just don't mark the buffers dirty for flushing by
flush_dirty_buffers()

This has the advantage of avoiding races against bdflush and friends, and
makes it easier to keep track of which buffers have actually made their
way to disk. It has all of the obvious disadvantages with respect to
memory pressure.

-chris