Re: ATAPI: audio CD still stops on >> (fast forward, 2.4.0-test12)

From: Stanislav Brabec (utx@penguin.cz)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 18:12:39 EST

Jens Axboe wrote (Mon Dec 18 2000, 18:56:13 GMT):
> > > ^^
> > > This is the same case that Miles reported, it's very odd how that 8th
> > > byte gets screwed somehow... But I know about this, I just haven't tracked
> > > this down yet.
> >
> > At least Stanislav's problem is a userland problem. Sometimes tcd/gtcd
> > (the software Stanislav uses to play CDs) miscalculates frame values. A
> > patch to tcd is available at http://bugs.gnome.org/db/33/33600.html.
>
> Ah interesting, I _bet_ this is also what everybody else is seeing!

I have tested this patch and there is my result:

Linux kernel patch solves the problem of stopping while playing after
2min 40sec.

gnome-media/tcd/linux-cdrom.c with fix http://bugs.gnome.org/db/33/33600.html
solves the problem of fast-fwd. Even on older kernels ffwd works OK.

Both these were two independent bugs, one in kernel, second in tcd.

I have looked into GNOME CVS and nobody have yet comitted this patch
into CVS, so I am doing it.

Can anybody close the bug in GNOME bug tracking system?

SW:
Linux & (g)tcd

HW:
Cyrix686MX200
ATAPI CD-ROM Mitsumi FX400E (4x speed)
CD Banco de Gaia / Last Train to Lhasa (CD 1) / track 1

--
Stanislav Brabec