Problems with ToPIC97 reappear between test10 and test13pre2

From: Jens Taprogge (taprogge@idg.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 13:40:31 EST

I sent a similar message earlier, but it has not shown up on
linux-kernel so I guess something went wrong...

I am starting to have problems again with the Cardbus controller
somewhere inbetween 2.4.0-test10 (works) and 2.4.0-test13-pre2 (fails).

The problem shows as follows: When I boot the kernel (I have PCMCIA
compiled in) only one of my cards gets detected due to the following
error:
cs: socket c5feb800 timed out during reset. Try increasing setup_delay.
cs: socket c5fb5000 voltage interrogation timed out

I did not have see this error before and increasing setup_delay manually
in the source did not help.

Now when I do "cardctl eject; cardctl insert" things work out fine.

I am not sure if this is somehow related to the problems that were
fixed with test5pre6, but the sumptoms are kind of similar (one slot
works - other does not).

If you want me to try something please let me know.

Jens

ps: attached please find the dmesg output.

--
Jens Taprogge