Re: 2.4.0-test12-pre7 shutdowns and eepro100 woes

From: Dragan Stancevic (visitor@valinux.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 17:28:28 EST

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000, Andrey Savochkin <saw@saw.sw.com.sg> wrote:
; To answer your question in short, yet, we hope to fix the problem sooner or
; later.

I added the print out of the message to see in what state was the card
being left after it was wedged.

The card seems to be locking up with undefined opcodes, atleast according to
my specs.

The command doesn't necessarly come from the driver, I'we done some
experimenting and it seems that sending the card an undefined opcode
will lock up the card with a different value in the command register.

I am still waiting for latest specs from intel, I wonder if the new
specs will define those values.

--
I knew I was alone, I was scared, it was getting dark and
it was a hardware problem.