Q: natsemi.c spinlocks

From: Manfred (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 12:45:52 EST

Hi Jeff, Tjeerd,

I spotted the spin_lock in natsemi.c, and I think it's bogus.

The "simultaneous interrupt entry" is a bug in some 2.0 and 2.1 kernel
(even Alan didn't remember it exactly when I asked him), thus a sane
driver can assume that an interrupt handler is never reentered.

Donald often uses dev->interrupt to hide other races, but I don't see
anything in this driver (tx_timeout and netdev_timer are both trivial)

--
  Manfred