Trouble when linking aic7xxx.c

From: Fabrizio Gennari (fabrizio.ge@tiscalinet.it)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 19:43:36 EST

I am having trouble when biulding the 2.2.18 Linux kernel (on a Redhat
7.0, gcc-2.96). At link-time, the linker complains that in the file
aic7xxx.o, in the function aic7xxx_load_seeprom, there is an "undefined
reference to 'memcpy'". In fact, doing 'nm aic7xxx.o' gives a 'U
memcpy', but, strangely enough, there is no explicit reference to memcpy
in the function! Commenting out the whole function will make the 'U
memcpy' symbol disappear from aic7xxx.o (but obviously would give a
broken kernel)

What could be the cause? I can send the configuration file made by 'make
menuconfig', if needed.