Masquerade hangups

From: Mike Elmore (mwelmor@kre8tive.org)
Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 10:02:12 EST

Hello,

I have a Tyan S1854 Trinity 400 mb machine with a
PCI rtl8139 card connected to my local net and a
ISA 3c509 card connected to my dsl link. Masquerade
is set up.

I seem to get pretty good performance from
internet->masq box and from masq box->internal
lan, but when a internal box tries to get to the
net through the masquerade, connection seem to time
out. I'll get a pretty good initial burst, then
connections stall.

I'm using test13-pre4. I saw some iptables stuff on
the list a week or so ago, was this fixed in pre4 or
is this my problem?

I can provide any information needed.

-mwe
mike@kre8tive.org