Re: css hang; somewhere between test12 and test13pre4ac2

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 06:10:37 EST

On Sun, Dec 24 2000, Dave Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
> Somewhere between test12 and test13pre4ac2 (sheesh the version
> numbers.....) CSS on ATAPI DVD ROM drives has stopped working.
>
> Playing a CSS disc (using xine) causes a complete system hang (machine
> doesn't ping - sysrq-b still works) on test13pre4ac2. On test12 it is
> still OK.
>
> This is on an Alpha LX164.

The most likely suspect (as someone else pointed out) is not at
all css (I'm not even sure what you mean by css hang?) but UDF.
Given the fs changes. Since sysrq still works, it would help a
lot if you could capture sysrq-p repeatedly and send it in.

Do you have any non-css discs to beat on UDF?

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
* SuSE Labs