Re: Abysmal RAID 0 performance on 2.4.0-test10 for IDE?

From: Barry K. Nathan (barryn@cx518206-b.irvn1.occa.home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 15:24:08 EST

Ian Stirling wrote:
> Where are you getting 100MB/s?
> The PCI bus can move around 130MB/sec, but RAM is lots faster.

I'll clarify your clarification further. :) Your typical PC has 33MHz
32-bit PCI. Increasing it to 66MHz or 64-bit can double the transfer rate,
and doing both can quadruple it. (Perhaps I've overlooked a detail or
oversimplified something, in which case I'd appreciate being corrected.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn@pobox.com>