[rapela@sipi.usc.edu: SYN_SENT block]

From: Joaquin Rapela (rapela@sipi.usc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 20:38:10 EST

I forgot to mention. I am running RedHat 6.2 and the kernel release is
2.2.14-5smp.

Joaquin

----- Forwarded message from Joaquin Rapela <rapela@sipi.usc.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:25:18 -0800
From: Joaquin Rapela <rapela@sipi.usc.edu>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: SYN_SENT block

Hello,

I am not a linux kernel guy. I am running a spider that sometimes gets blocked
for long periods of time. I run a "netstat -nto" and I observe a socket in
state SYS_SENT that seems to be blocked. Its timer keeps on incrementing.

Is there any way to avoid this blocking? Is this a bug in the kernel or
something wrong in my TCP/IP configuration/settings.

Thanks in advance, Joaquin

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Joaquin Rapela
PhD Student, Signal and Image Processing Institute