Activating APIC on single processor

From: fpieraut@casi.polymtl.ca
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 13:00:23 EST

Hi

I try to activate APIC interrruption on a single processor(PIII) with
kernel2.4.0-test11.

I activate APIC interruption with the configuration of linux kernel
2.4.0test-11. In the linux kernel configuration under processor type and
features I activate "APIC and IO-APIC support on uniprocessor", and I
desactivate "Symmetric multi-processing support". The only way I found to
check APIC activation is looking into /proc/interrupts, no "IO-APIC" can
be found there. So I read IO-APIC.txt and I suppose there sould be
conflicts with IRQ of my PCI cards. So I remove all my PCI cards and still
have no APIC interrupt.
Is there another way to check APIC activation?
Am-I doing to right things to activate IO-APIC?

Any help will be very appreciate

Francis Pieraut