Re: aic7xxx 2.4.0 test12 hang

From: Leslie Donaldson (donaldlf@hermes.cs.rose-hulman.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 03:17:47 EST

Hello,
  Just a small followup here, I haven't had a chance to dig throught the
driver
yet, I did forward a copy to the aic7xxx maintainer, but no response
yet. However
if you are having problems on an intel platform that is good news. (Non
intel
platforms get blown off a lot sigh.) This weekend I will try to debug it
or at least
figure out something. My initial guess is to disable all command tag
queueing,
  While I am in the code I also want to go digging around and see if I
can find a
way to turn of the in memory buffering that Linux does for block devices
as this
would make my fscking a LOT shorter, (18 gigs is slow),
   But first I need to find my null modem serial cable. sigh. funnsies.

Leslie Donaldson

--
/----------------------------\ Current Contractor: None
|    Leslie F. Donaldson     | Current Customer  : None
|    Computer Contractor     | Skills:
Unix/OS9/VMS/Linux/SUN-OS/C/C++/assembly
| Have Computer will travel. | WWW  :
http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~donaldlf
\----------------------------/ Email: mail://donaldlf@cs.rose-hulman.edu
Goth Code V1.1: GoCS$$ TYg(T6,T9) B11Bk!^1 C6b-- P0(1,7) M+ a24 n---
b++:+
                H6'11" g m---- w+ r+++ D--~!% h+ s10 k+++ R-- Ssw
LusCA++