Bugs in knfsd -- Problem re-exporting an NFS share

From: Frank.Olsen@stonesoft.com
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 12:33:13 EST

Hi -- could you please CC me if you reply to this mail.

My problem is that I get an error when setting up the following
configuration:

A: /exports/A - Redhat 7.0
B1/B2: mount /exports/A on /export/A from A - Redhat 6.2
C: mount /exports/A on /mnt/A from B1 or B2 - Redhat 6.2

I use knfsd/nfs-utils on each machine.

bash# ls /mnt/A
/mnt/A/A.txt: No such file or directory

I searched for a while on deja.com, and there seemed to be some indications
that knfsd was bugged and that using the user-mode code would work.
However, no one replied specifically to my message, so I'm still not sure.

BTW, what I tried to do was to set up a HA configuration of machines B1/B2
using A as a "shared disk".
This is just to try out the HA software without buying more hardware.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards,
Frank Olsen

PS Happy new year!