Re: Adaptec AIC7XXX v 6.0.6 BETA Released

From: Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 11:31:53 EST

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> daptec SCSI HBA device driver for the Linux Operating System
> To: linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org
> cc:
> Fcc: +outbox
> Subject: Adaptec AIC7XXX v6.0.6 BETA Released
> -------
> After several months of testing and refinement, the Adaptec
> sponsored aic7xxx driver is now entering Beta testing. Although
> still missing domain validation and the last bits of cardbus
> support, there are no known issues with the driver. I would
> encourage all users of card supported by this driver to try the
> new code and submit feedback. Patches for late 2.2.X, 2.3.99
> and 2.4.0 are provided in the driver distribution. For those
> of you building the driver as a module, take note that the module
> name is now "aic7xxx_mod" rather than "aic7xxx".
>
> As always, the most recent distribution is available here:
>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

Justin,

Although your driver has worked fine otherwise, I discovered today that it
renders my Seagate/Conner DDS-2 drive inoperative. Any and all attempts
at accessing the device (e.g. making tar archive, 'mt -f /dev/st0 status',
etc.) result in:

st0: Error 10000 (sugg. bt 0x0, driver bt 0x0, host bt 0x1).

The platform is a Pentium 166 with on-board aic7880 controller.

If I revert back to Doug Ledford's 5.1.31 driver, everything is fine.

Any insights or things you'd like me to try?

Steve