RE: Posix MessageQ's

From: Gabi Davar (gabi@SHUNRA.co.il)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 08:06:59 EST

Rajesh,

POSIX Message Queues are not implemented yet in glibc v2.2 (POSIX semaphores
are partially implemented). Once glibc will support them, you could test for
their existence via sysctl() and the relevant defines. As far as I know,
Linux implements only SysV MQs. Solaris and True64 implement them though.

Best regards,
Gabi Davar
Shunra Software - R&D