Re: i82365 PCI-PCMCIA bridge still not working in 2.4.0-test11

From: Michel Salim (mas118@demeter.cs.york.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 10:32:17 EST

David Woodhouse wrote:

> mas118@demeter.cs.york.ac.uk said:
>
>> Manually inputting i365_base=0x1030 when loading the module results in
>> the same freeze - nothing works at all, had to do a full hardware
>> reset. This is on the latest 2.4.0-prerelease...
>

> Is this the code in 2.4.0-prerelease or the code I sent you? Sounds like
> it's probably dying in an IRQ storm.

The one in prerelease.

> I have a full databook for the i82092aa and a selection of example boards -
> was yours one of those or another type? I'm not entirely sure when I'll
> have time to poke at it again - I may wait for the 2.5 branch.
>
> mas118@demeter.cs.york.ac.uk said:
>
>> Any chance it's due to IRQ sharing?
>

> Possibly. Is any driver trying to use irq 11? Can you disable the irq for
> the video card in your BIOS?
>
> --
> dwmw2

Well, got it working under 2.2.17. I suspect it is just a matter of the
drivers in 2.4.x not accomodating desktop-based PCMCIA readers. In the
latest PCMCIA Howto there is a subsection under 2.3 on such devices and
workarounds needed to get them running - none of them are recognised by
the i82365 driver in 2.4.0-prerelease.

I think I'll just stick to 2.2.x for the time being - if anyone fancy a
go at it I'm more than willing to try out the code.

Regards,

--
Michèl Alexandre Salim