Re: Framebuffer as a module

From: Bryan Mayland (bmayland@leoninedev.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 12:28:54 EST

> I used to compile-in my framebuffer-device in the kernel
> then i just appended "video=tdfxfb:1024x768-32@70" in lilo.conf and it
> worked..
> now i compiled it as a module, and want modprobe to start it up for me..
> how can this be done?
> modprobe tdfxfb 1024x768-32@70

That's a very good question. The tdfxfb module has no parameters. It would be
ideal if the tdfxfb mainatiner would add some MODULE_PARM lines for all the
parameters and move the code from tdfxfb_setup that does work into tdfxfb_init.

I think a valid work-around for you is to use fbset after you load the module
to set the resolution. Does that work?
Bry