Bug: Frame-buffer (icon) rotates right in 2.4.0 when SMP

From: Karl O. Pinc (kop@meme.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 20:07:28 EST

Hi,

Apoligies in advance if this is not the right place to send this
report.

When displaying a screen-wide icon in the frame buffer for the
graphics console:

Linux version 2.4.0

Console Drivers
  Video mode selection support
    Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERMENTAL)
      VESA VGA graphics console

I found the right edge of the image to be displayed on the left edge
-- perhaps 8 pixels worth?

I compiled for a pentium III, SMP on. I've a dual processor Pentium
III with a Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400 AGP video card. I
discovered this using the lpp-0.2.0 patch at http://lpp.freelords.org,
which displays a startup screen.

Fix: turning SMP off fixed the problem.

FYI: fbcon_show_logo() in drivers/video/fbcon.c seems to have a for
loop with an odd smp_num_cpus reference.

Please contact me if you need any more information or wish to tell me
where to send this report.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>