Re: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch, 2.4.0-1

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 04:21:52 EST

> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:27:49 +0100 (CET) From: Trond
> Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no>

> OK, but can you eventually generalize it to non-stream
> protocols (i.e. UDP)?

> Sure, this is what MSG_MORE is meant to accomodate. UDP could
> support it just fine.

Great! I've been waiting for something like this. In particular the
knfsd TCP server code can get very buffer-intensive without it since
you need to pre-allocate 1 set of buffers per TCP connection (else you
get DOS due to buffer saturation when doing wait+retry for blocked
sockets).

If it all gets in to the kernel, I'll do the work of adapting the NFS
+ sunrpc stuff.

Cheers,
  Trond