Re: PPP: VJ decompression error

From: Miles Lane (miles@megapathdsl.net)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 02:13:00 EST

Joseph Anthony wrote:

> Ok, I just upgraded to 2.4.0 from 2.2.17 and I get a slew of these "PPP:
> VJ decompression error" messages in my kern.log. I have searched all over
> the place for a patch or an answer, but find nothing. These messages show
> up mostly when I use Netscape, if that helps.

I complained about this ages ago and submitted snippets of PPP
debug output for analysis. As I recall, the problem was never
resolved and I wound up simply putting "novj" in my PPP config
file:

    /etc/ppp/options

If you'd like to pursue this further, there is a linux-ppp mailing list:

        linux-ppp@vger.kernel.org

I believe this is the PPP maintainer's e-mail address:

        Paul Mackerras <paulus@linuxcare.com>

Best of luck,

        Miles