Re: ide.2.4.1-p3.01112001.patch

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 12:51:03 EST

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Scratch that patch it has 2 typos that are in amd74xx.c
>
> will do it again..........

I will scratch your new patch too.

I want to see the code to handle the apparent VIA DMA bug. At this point,
preferably by just disabling DMA on VIA chipsets or something like that
(if it has only gotten worse since 2.2.x, I'm not interested in seeing any
experimental patches for it during early 2.4.x).

We've already had one major fs corruption due to this, I want that fixed
_first_.

                Linus