Re: Where did vm_operations_struct->unmap in 2.4.0 go?

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 12:46:37 EST

On 13 Jan 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> You miss _entirely_ the reason why "get_module_symbol()" was removed,
> and why I will not _ever_ accept it coming back.
>
> Hint #1: get_MODULE_symbol().
> Hint #2: compiled in functionality.

Er,... forgive me if I'm being overly dense here, but I can't see anything
fundamentally wrong in the above that wouldn't be fixed with a
judicious application of s/module_//

But I have no particular attachment to it. All I'm asking for is a way to
avoid having init order dependencies where previously there was no need
for them, by having a way to put entries in the inter_module_get() table
at compile time.

--
dwmw2