Re: set_page_dirty/page_launder deadlock

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 13:56:10 EST

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, David S. Miller wrote:

> Marcelo Tosatti writes:
> >
> > While taking a look at page_launder()...

> > set_page_dirty() may lock the pagecache_lock which means potential
> > deadlock since we have the pagemap_lru_lock locked.
>
> Indeed, the following should work as a fix:

Well, as the new shm code doesn't return 1 any more, the whole locked page
handling should just be deleted. ramfs always just re-marked the page
dirty in its own "writepage()" function, so it was only shmfs that ever
returned this special case, and because of other issues it already got
excised by Christoph..

                Linus