Re: Where did vm_operations_struct->unmap in 2.4.0 go?

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 16:47:29 EST

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, David Woodhouse wrote:

> That's the one flaw in the inter_module_get() stuff - we could do with a
> way to put entries in the table at _compile_ time, rather than _only_ at
> run time.

Ok, I can buy that. Not having to initialize explicitly would be nice, but
if so we should make module loading do it automatically too, so that we
don't generate unnecessary differences between module and compiled in (ie
I'd rather avoid the situation that "if you're a module, you need to
explicitly export your inter_module_stuff(), while if you're compiled-in
it will be exported automatically").

                Linus