Re: Updated zerocopy patches on kernel.org

From: Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 15:11:16 EST

* David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com) wrote:

> Now against 2.4.1-pre2:
>
> ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/people/davem/zerocopy-2.4.1p2-1.diff.gz

        Tried it with 2.4.1-pre3, didn't have any problem applying it, but
when I rebooted the system it pretty much had no interest in talking TCP
to anything. 2.4.1-pre3 alone has no problem. Should I give 2.4.1p2 a try
with the zerocopy patch? I think that's my next step, but if it isn't
likely to change anything..

        The problem tended to be that a connection could reach the
'ESTABLISHED' point (in netstat), but then very little data would pass over
the connection. ie; 'telnet somehost 25' would give me the SMTP HELO
statement, but nothing I typed seemed to make it anywhere. Inbound and
outbound ssh connections would reach 'ESTABLISHED', but then wouldn't make
it to the point of prompting me for a password. Nothing apparent in any
log files or anything.

        Info attached, more availible upon request.

                Stephen