Re: tcp no-ack bug can-rpt, w/script incl (this bugs 4 u)

From: John Cavan (johncavan@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 19:08:58 EST

> I have been trying to figure out
> why linux tcp is failing to ack
> properly in some situations.

This is exactly the same problem I'm seeing with a Solaris box talking
to my Linux box. It has a similar problem with Linux as well, but does
not manifest as bad against a 2.2 kernel machine. Seems I was chasing
down the wrong path with MSS and MTU strangeness, I tested this with
ethereal as soon as I saw your post.

No help from me, I'm afraid, but I can at least verify that you are not
the only one seeing it.

John