2.4.0 config breaks /dev/fd0* major/minor ?

From: Jeffrey Rose (Jeffrey.Rose@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 04:35:05 EST

Greetings hard working coders,

I recently installed 2.4.0 on a RH 7 box, replacing the stock RH
kernel-hack that came with the CD distro.

All is well, however, I get a wrong major/minor reported when attempting
to mount /dev/fd0 ... I have tried all the fd0* related to a 1.44 disk
in /dev with same message. The default major,minor for my /dev/fd0 is
2,0 (worked before upgrade).

I apologize in advance for submitting his to the kernel list, but if
anyone has a moment to step away from chronic
kernel-hacking-frustration-syndrom ... I would appreciate I tip as to
what and how I may have broken something in my 2.4.0 config and how to
regain access to my floppy drive.

Sincerely thankful,

Jeff

--