need help raid and 2.4.0

From: david (sector2@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 12:27:42 EST

hi i am moving from 2.2.18 to 2.4.0 i have a ide raid set but can not
get it to run under 2.4.0
i user mdadd / mdrun to config it. in raid-tools 0.42 but it dose not
come up under 2.4.0 it just says unknow devices /dev/hda3 & /dev/hdc3
but thay are thear and when i try to compile raid-tools .53 undir 2.4.0
i get a lot of error in string.h (i am runing debian 2.2r2)
i configured the kernel

can someone help me i am reconfigering my raid set and i have a big
drive to hold the data but i only have it for 1 day

thank you
    David Rundle <sector2@ihug.co.nz>