Re: mmap()/VM problem in 2.4.0

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 16:15:50 EST

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Vlad Bolkhovitine wrote:

> You can see, mmap() read performance dropped significantly as
> well as read() one raised. Plus, "interactivity" of 2.4.0 system
> was much worse during mmap'ed test, than using read()
> (everything was quite smooth here). 2.4.0-test7 was badly
> interactive in both cases.

Could have to do with page_launder() ... I'm working on
streaming mmap() performance here and have been working
on this for a week now (amongst other things).

I'll clean up my code soon and will make it available on
my home page asap. When we're certain it works I'll submit
some of it to Linus.

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com.br/