LILO wont boot my kernel image: More details...

From: Gregg Lloyd (gregg_99@lycos.com)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 23:52:24 EST

Hi,
I have a 2.2.5-15 kernel linux system (red Hat 6.0) that is installed on /dev/hdc2. I boot it from a floppy.
Recently, I did compile my new kernel 2.4 on my Linux System.
On the boot floppy, I have LILO (On the hard drive, there's also LILO).
For booting my new kernel (/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0), I added following stanza to /etc/lilo.conf (the one on the hard drive):
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0
label=linux2.4
root=/dev/hdc2
read-only.
Lilo was correctly saved (/sbin/lilo..or lilo would display "Added linux2.2 *
Added linux2.4, Added dos).
But when I rebooted the system
with the boot floppy, LILO wont display linux2.4 so that I can boot with it!
LILO would only show up the old linux.
I went adding the same stanza (as previously mentionned) to /etc/lilo.conf
that is on the floppy. But the problem is still the same: I do not have the choice to boot with linux2.4!
I tried "lilo -b /dev/fd0" (after /dev/fd0
have been correctly mounted), but system
weirdly complained that "open /boot/message: No such file or directory" (which is wrong!).
I got same error message when trying "lilo -C /mnt/floppy/etc/lilo.conf"!
******Here is my /etc/lilo.conf on hard drive*********
boot=/dev/hdc2
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
label=linux2.2
root=/dev/hdc2
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0
label=linux2.4
root=/dev/hdc2
read-only
other=/dev/hda1
label=dos
table=/dev/hda
*******Here's lilo.conf on boot floppy*****
boot=/dev/fd0
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
prompt
image=/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
label=linux2.2
root=/dev/hdc2
image=/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
label=rescue
append="load_ramdisk=2 prompt_ramdisk=1"
root=/dev/fd0
image=/vmlinuz-2.4.0
label=linux2.4
root=/dev/hdc2