RE: [OT?] Coding Style

From: Jonathan Earle (jearle@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 10:41:49 EST

I prefer descriptive variable and function names - like comments, they help
to make code so much easier to read.

One thing I wonder though... why do people prefer 'some_function_name()'
over 'SomeFunctionName()'? I personally don't like the underscore character
- it's an odd character to type when you're trying to get the name typed in,
and the shifted character, I find, is easier to input.

Cheers!
Jon

Some people still seem to be living in the age of K&R C, with 6 or 7
character variable names that demand some explanation. Maybe some day
they will awake to the expressive power of long (and well chosen) names.