Re: [UPDATE] Zerocopy, last one today I promise :-)

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 10:23:32 EST

Tobias Ringstrom writes:
> I understand from your comment that you want people to run it on all kinds
> of hardware, both with and without hw checksumming, but how do you want us
> to test it? Is "my computer works as usual with this patch included" what
> you are looking for, or do you want us to run specific tests or
> benchmarks?

Basically, make use of the following:

1) TCP applications using normal write/sendmsg to send data
2) TCP applications using sys_sendfile to send data
   (f.e. pftpd or some other server which makes use of Linux's
    sendfile())
3) NFS client side activity

on both cards supporting sg+csum and those which do not.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com