Re: [Fwd: sigcontext on Linux-ppc in user space]

From: Dan Malek (dan@mvista.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 13:11:59 EST

jekacur@ca.ibm.com wrote:

> ...... But I
> still can't get at the sigcontext.c on Linux Powerpc. For example, this
> simple program gives me a segmentation fault. (Linux ppc, suse 6.4, kernel
> 2.2.14

You are not the only one. I recently discovered some inconsistent
data structures and function calls (sigaction, old_sigaction, different
context structures, etc.). I spent some time trying to sort it out
but didn't have enough time. I was fortunate and just bailed out using
old signal handler semantics. I was using what I believed were the
latest glibc2.1, and also the latest 2.4 kernels (which is what I
was really developing and testing). I mentioned this to some folks
closer to the glibc action, but haven't followed up. Something is
amiss here with PowerPC.

Sorry I can't provide a solution.

        -- Dan