Re: ACPI error in 2.4.1-pre10 @ via82c686 (Was: 2.4.1-pre10 slowdown at boot.)

From: Chris Mason (mason@suse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 14:56:12 EST

On Thursday, January 25, 2001 07:37:16 PM +0100 Ondrej Sury
<ondrej@globe.cz> wrote:

> I have discovered that it wasn't reiserfs problem. I have disabled ACPI
> in BIOS and everything is ok. So I assume that something has changed in
> ACPI between pre9 and pre10 versions and that something is broken in _my_
> system.

Ok. This isn't related to the slowdown problem you are seeing, but after a
clean shutdown, there should not be any transactions that need replay.
Keep an eye on the console as you shutdown, and make sure / is getting
properly unmounted.

-chris