EXPORT_SYMTAB and kernel 2.2.x

From: Mike Panetta (mpanetta@applianceware.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 20:09:11 EST

I am trying to add some drivers to kernel 2.2.16
and I think I have everything done right except
that when it tries to compile the driver I get an
error message saying that EXPORT_SYMTAB is not
defined. How do I fix this? I have added a target
to the Config.in and I have added what I think to
be appropriate lines to the Makefile (to check
the config vars defined in Config.in) but I still
get the error. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike