Re: 2.4.1 -- Unresolved symbols in radio-miropcm20.o

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 06:19:52 EST

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 05:15:45AM -0600, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Arjan van de Ven]
> > This doesn't take into account the case where someone says "n" to
> > CONFIG_SOUND.
>
> So move the test outside the 'if [ "$CONFIG_SOUND" = "y" ]'. The
> principle is the same.

That won't work, unless you also want to force the soundlayer on people.
Which is unacceptable. period. I've been over this when I added the #ifdef
to the 2.2 kernel, and nobody came up with a better idea.
At least using the #ifdef + #error, the user gets a proper notification that
his kernel won't work and what he can do about it.

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven