Re: VT82C686A corruption with 2.4.x

From: Alan Chandler (alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 16:56:42 EST

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:06:53 +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:46:08AM -0500, Byron Stanoszek wrote:
>
>> Yeah, by bios does the same thing too on the Abit KT7(a).
>
>Ok, I'll remember this. This is most likely the cause of the problems
>many people had with the KT7 in the past.

I've had (I now have 2.4.1 with dma off) the problems with a KT7,
although according to the BIOS its set to 100FSB/33PCI and the option
to tweak the clock further is set to zero

One further thought though - 1/3 of 100 is actually 33.3333Mhz. What
if the flexibility in the motherboard is actually causing the bus to
be exactly 1/3 of 100

Interpolating according to Byron Stanoszek's table for UDMA-33 (where
I have the problem) this could have a not insignificant effect on the
paramter given the chip.

Alan

alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk
http://www.chandler.u-net.com