RAID autodetect and 2.4.1

From: Chris (cb@speedbump.ucs.ualberta.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 18:39:25 EST

> Hi,
> I have a server with RAID1 partitions with linux 2.4.1 (stock,
> self-compiled) installed. It was easy to create the RAID partitions
> but when booting, no auto-detection is successful. The kernel says
> that autodetect is running, then done, but nothing is auto-detected.
> My devices are IDE devices (hda + hdc) and all drivers are bult-ins
> (no initrd nor modules). After the boot, making a raidstart works
> like a charm...
>
> Any advice?
> Help welcomed.

Sounds like you didn't set the partition type to be "FD" which is what
the raid autodetect looks for. (Read the Software-RAID howto). I
did the same thing yesterday. :)

--
Chris Bayly

Email: Chris.Bayly@UAlberta.CA | CNS, UNIX Support | 151 General Services Building | University of Alberta Web: http://www.ualberta.ca/~cbayly/ | Edmonton, Alberta | Canada T6G 2S7 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/