Re: Better battery info/status files

From: Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 19:40:48 EST

>> The units seem to vary. I suggest using fundamental SI units.
>> That would be meters, kilograms, seconds, and maybe a very
>> few others -- my memory fails me on this.
>
> There are lots of SI units, one for each physical dimension
> that can be measured. Some of the ones that might apply here are:
>
> - Volts
> - Coulombs
> - Watts
> - Amperes
> - Seconds
> - Joules

No, these are not all fundamental.

1 Joule == 1 newton * 1 meter

The newton isn't fundamental either. It is defined in terms
of meters, seconds, and kilograms.

So if I've not mucked something up, 1 J == 1 m*kg*m/s/s.

Units get ugly when arbitrary powers of 10 get thrown in,
and worse with random odd constants. Amperes have a 2.0e-7
in the definition.